Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm going my federal income taxes. I have a small business.

I'm going my federal income...
I'm going my federal income taxes. I have a small business. I have 1099s from some of the companies that paid me, and the rest were individuals, various amounts. I listed all the 1099s separately in TurboTax, and then for Additional Income, I just listed "cash and checks" and the balance of my income minus the 1099s already recorded. Is that okay, or do I have to list each individual person who wrote me a check or paid cash?
9/30/2017
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

For the purpose of preparing the tax return, you do not need to list individual names. However, I would keep that information handy in the event that you are questioned about the cash payments.

If you do not require additional assistance with this matter, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant