Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

A PA resident is a limited partner in a NY real estate

partnership. He received a Federal...
A PA resident is a limited partner in a NY real estate partnership. He received a Federal K-1 & NY K-1 in 2016 & each had pass thru income. He reported the pass thru income from the NY K-1 on his PA-40 return & did not file a NY non-resident return. Is this okay?
9/29/2017
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome back to Just Answer!

The PA resident would need to file a NY non-resident return for the NY income.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Does he also report the income on his PA-40 return & receive credit at the PA rate for the tax paid to NY?

He reports all income to PA because he's a PA resident.

He'll receive credit on the PA return for taxes paid to NY.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you again for the positive rating of my answer, which I really appreciate.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent