Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I just found out I needed to claim my kids Alaska dividen on…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out I needed to claim my kids Alaska dividen on a 8814 so trying to figure out how to fill it out

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I was just got audited and the reason was because I didn't claim my kids Alaska dividend under them. I claimed it just didn't do it the right way. All I was told is I need to fill out the 8814 I just have no idea how to fill it out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Tax Professional: taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
taxmanrog
taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

Please give me a few minutes to write my answer.

You said that you already reported the income on your return, but you did not complete the Form 8814. Did you report the income on Sch B? You need to file an amended return, and remove that income from the Sch B. Complete the Form 8814 and report the Alaska dividends on Line 2a & 2b.

IF you give me the numbers from the 1099-DIV, I can complete most of the form for you.

Thanks!

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney