Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Is an inheretance taxable income. What do you want to know?

Customer Question
Is an inheretance taxable...

Is an inheretance taxable income

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you want to know? My question: is an inheritance a taxable income?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/28/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 8 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

In the U.S. on the federal level an inheritance is not taxable income. Some states in the U.S. impose a tax on inheritances. However, I am not sure if this inquiry is relating to the U.S. If not the U.S., what country are you inquiring about? Please advise.