Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is an inheretance taxable income. What do you want to know?

Customer Question
Is an inheretance taxable income JA...
Is an inheretance taxable income
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What do you want to know? My question: is an inheritance a taxable income?
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
9/28/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

In the U.S. on the federal level an inheritance is not taxable income. Some states in the U.S. impose a tax on inheritances. However, I am not sure if this inquiry is relating to the U.S. If not the U.S., what country are you inquiring about? Please advise.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney