Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am having a difficult time. I want to get in contact with…

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a difficult time

Accountant's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

I want to get in contact with # 25354419

Accountant's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I am trying to but I am not able to

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I talked with a man a week ago and he told me that I had made a mistake on my 2016 tax return. He sent me what I should do. but I cannot seem to be able to do it on my computer

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
9/28/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with the IRS so we do not know who called you and do not have access to your personal information.

Did the man you spoke to call you or did you receive a letter from the IRS about the mistake on your 2016 tax return?

I did

I just received notification that you requested a phone call, but there appears to be a problem at the moment.

In the meantime, do you still have the letter you received from the IRS? If so, call the number on the letter, and you can speak with any IRS representative to find out what you should do to correct the mistake. Anyone that you speak to at the IRS makes notes in your file so any agent can refer to them and know what is going on.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.