Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Do I need a irs ceeticate to receive money from the

Customer Question
Do I need a...

Do I need a irs ceeticate to receive money from the goverment

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

A government program to send money tp people

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 10 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Many U.S. treaty partners require the IRS to certify that the person claiming treaty benefits is a resident of the United States for federal tax purposes. The IRS provides this residency certification on Form 6166, a letter of U.S. residency certification.

What government program are you interested in?

this is money from the Federal Government money .tax free through the federal government .program
where do I get this certificate

There are very rare cases where the Federal Government issues tax free money. If you tell me the name of the program I can check on what they do require.

I will gladly look up the program but I need more information.

It is called The Federal Government claiming Center choice

Did you contact them or did they contact you?

I am asking because I cannot find that listing. I am not trying to stop you from getting money but this sounds more like a scam than anything else.

Has something with international money fund

You have not answered my question. Did you contact them or did they initiate the contact? There is no certificate that is issued for the US govt to send you money.