Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My question is, If I have a trust fund with 46,000 and I…

Customer Question
My question is, If...

My question is, If I have a trust fund with 46,000 and I borrow 1/2 of that with interest and then i borrow the other 1/2 what would be the consequences?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want to borrow the whole amount of my trust fund for my business, what can I do to repay it without getting in trouble?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/28/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 8 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** ® professional and I will be able to assist you today.

You would first have to ensure you are able to access the funds and the only way you can be sure is to review the terms of the trust that was set up.

If you are able to borrow the funds, then if the funds are truly a loan, there would be no tax consequences to you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Is there a time table to repay the loan?

The time to repay the loan would be determined between you and the trustee

For tax purposes, you should establish a time period, repayment schedule and interest rate

Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 7 months ago

If you have NO further questions please take a moment to accept the answer and rate my service.

A positive rating of 5 stars is always much appreciated.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®