Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm on the single age pension and I receive $5,000 interest…

Customer Question
HI! I'm on...

HI! I'm on the single age pension and I receive $5,000 interest from my term deposit. Do I need to pay tax?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Not sure what more I can say! Because I'm below the threshold of interest on my term deposit I receive the full pension which is $22,653.54

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

No! Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 7 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

In order to better assist you, I need to know what country this question relates to. Please advise.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney