Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

When I filed my 2016 income tax (I'm retired) single it

Customer Question
When I filed my...

When I filed my 2016 income tax (I'm retired) single it worked out that I would get a $25.00 refund and the information I received said no refund due. Where do I turn to get some answers?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
9/27/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 4 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

HI, MY NAME’S LANE - I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986.

...

There are a couple of ways to go at this. We can look at the taxes themselves and see what may have changed (some mistake about te standard deduction, personal exemption or some deduction that wasn't allowed OR some income that was reported differently from what they received on a w-2/1099, etc.

...

Also, many times ITS gives a notice of what line item they cha ge to change the return. That always makes figuring out the exact change easier.

...

And of course, you can always contact IRS (either by going to a local taxpayer assistance center or calling at:

Individuals:(###) ###-####/p>

Businesses:(###) ###-####/p>

...

Here's a field office (taxpayer assistance center) locator, where you can find the closest office by zip code.

...

IRS TAXPAYER ASSISTANCE CENTER LOCATOR

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney