Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I still have not received my 2016 tax refund. I went in

Customer Question
office and did face to...
I still have not received my 2016 tax refund. I went in office and did face to face identification in June. Why haven't I gotten it yet. They said it was ok .
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
9/27/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

When you went to the office, did the representative tell you when to expect it?

Are you getting your refund by direct deposit or check by mail?

She told me it would be up to 9 weeks. I did this in June.I am getting it direct deposited but up until two or three days ago I lost my debit card. I just now got another one but I can't get to anyone to change info on my direct deposit

Did your bank account number change or did you just lose your debit card?

Did you provide the correct routing number and account number for the direct deposit?

When I talked to an advocate she said something bout them might be wanting to see proof of my self employment. But I lost my house my vehicle and all my belongings in hurricane Harvey. So I don't have any proof at all
I did everything right. And I don't know if my account or routing # changed. I don't see why it would

I understand.

The IRS may still be processing/checking your return because of your self employment.

Call the IRS refund hotline number at 1-***-***-**** to find out the status of your refund. Information is available 24/7. Let me know the information you receive after you call the number.

I have called. The last time I called the automated service said it couldn't give me any information on it. Before that it said still being processed

The information is updated every 24 hours. Call again and let me know what information you receive.

Ok hold on

Take your time. I'm waiting for you.

It said it couldn't give me any information on it and I should wait at least a am before I call them back
Week

You want to speak to an IRS representative to find out the status of your refund.

Follow these instructions so you can speak directly to a representative. You can start calling in about 1/2 hour.

Call the IRS: 1-***-***-**** hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Ok thank you

My pleasure.

Let me know what information you receive from the representative.

Ok I will

Great. Thank you.