Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a Tax Notice CP12 almost 3 months ago but still…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I received...

Second opinion] I received a Tax Notice CP12 almost 3 months ago but still have not received my refund of $1,200 to be deposited into my back account in Houston, TX. What is the problem?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My tax notice was CP21B for tax year 2015. The letter cam from IRS office in Austin, TX and dated July 17, 2017. Do I have to call the IRS in Austin? I am American living now in Indonesia and retired.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

No. I think that is everything. The last four digits of my Social Security is 3388. Than you for any help you can give me. Norman Master

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/27/2017
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 8 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

HI. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Cp12 type of refunds (from corrections made to your tax return) are never deposited into a bank account unless you contact the IRS and make specific arrangements to have it deposited. You should have received a check. By law the IRS is not allowed to deposit an additional overpayment into a bank account unless they have a written authorization. Only what was authorized by you on your original tax return could be deposited into you account. Every additional refund is issued by a check. What address have you used on your last filed tax return? Have you called the IRS to make the arrangement?

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney