Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a payment agreement with IRS on Employment tax and…

I have a payment...

I have a payment agreement with IRS on Employment tax and today a payment was presented and the funds were unavailable today but would be tomorrow. Do I make a electronic payment for that payment or wait to see if they will re run the check? This has never happened. But funds will be there tomorrow.

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

No that's my only question.

9/26/2017
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Let them re-run the check. Typically, the IRS will attempt to run the check through twice before raising any alarms. As long as the funds are available tomorrow, you should be fine. Don't send the another check; at most, if you're worried about it, simply call the IRS and inform them of the situation. This happens all the time and is not a problem as long as the check clears when re-submitted.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Will they rerun it within a few days?
There is nothing else i would like to know just the last question at this time. thank you.

Yes...it will be a few days. And, you're very welcome. It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Richard, Tax Attorney

Thank you so much for the 4-star rating. I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time.

Mr. Richard: Looking over the withdraw it isn't a check per say it is an automatic with draw that was set up during the agreement. I gave them a void check and the payments were set up thru my bank account monthly. Would they still try and run it again it being that type of withdraw?
Can you answer the above question if it matters or not if it is a automatic with draw or check?

Yes, they would still try to draw it again a few days later. Shouldn't be a problem; but, like I mentioned, you might call them to alert them; communication is always a key to a good relationship with the IRS. :)

Richard, Tax Attorney