Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

1098 Mortgage interest form: My wifes name is on the loan…

Customer Question
1098 Mortgage interest form...

1098 Mortgage interest form: My wifes name is ***** ***** loan and on this form, however, I've been making the payments and would like to claim this on my tax return

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I talked to the mortgage company and they can not add my SSN to the form. Can I have my wife sign over the tax exemption? What do we need to do?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
9/25/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 9 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Is your name on the title of the property?