Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I can't remember how I filed my 2015 tax. I did it online,

Customer Question
I can't remember how...

I can't remember how I filed my 2015 tax. I did it online, but used the software my husband bought for 2016. Neither fed or state are being accepted

Accountant's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Lenovo. 2010 Windows

Accountant's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. the 2016 Turbo Tax

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the Tax amount from last year for Fed, but fon don' don't remember the 5 digit number to use to submit to IRS

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
9/23/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What tax preparation software are you using?

What's the reason for the rejection?

I used Deluxe Turbo Tax for 2016 which my husband bought. Previously I used the online account I had set up. When I submit it doesn't recognize last years fed AIG or the 5 digit number I used. I do not remember that 5 digit number from 2015.
Are you with Turbo Tax? Do you have a way to help me get back that 5 digit number or reset it with the FEDS.

Thank you for the additional information.

Because your AGI is not being recognized, you will have to mail your federal and state returns for 2016.

Please let me know if you need the addresses.

That is what I thought. Was hoping not to do that. I may go online to my personal Turbo Tax acct and try to redo this.

You can try that.

Let me know how it works out.