Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Could you give me my tax file number? Is it possiable to get…

Customer Question
Hi could you give...

Hi could you give me my tax file number ?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Is it possiable to get my tax file number online over the week end ?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

That's it ?!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 10 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with ATO so we do not have access to your tax file number or any of your personal information.

If you forgot/lost your tax file number, you can find it in a number of ways:

• Look on your income tax notice of assessment or other letters from ATO
  • Look on a payment summary (provided by your employer) or your super statement
  • If you have a myGov account linked to the ATO, you can access your TFN online
  • Ask your tax agent (if you use one)

If you still can't find it, phone ATO on 13 28 61, 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Tax-file-number/

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb