Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How to get a copy of filed extension?

Customer Question
How can I get a...

How can I get a copy for proof that I filed for an extension?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
9/22/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 9 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

The IRS does not have a receipt of your extension request filing. You can get a free transcript for your Record of Account which will shown the date the extension was received by the IRS. You have to complete, mail or fax a Form 4506-T to get this transcript type - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

...

You can also go here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

...

Be sure to check te box for the tax ACCOUNT transcript, the complete report.

Sorry, meant to send the 4506-t form as a link. Here you go: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

...

But again, the online version is quicker.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks,

Lane