Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

NYS can collect personal income tax for 20 years? But the…

Customer Question
Hi - So NYS...

Hi - So NYS can collect personal income tax for 20 years? But the Fed can only collect for 10?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in NJ but the taxes were filled in NY

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

All of the taxes were filled on time in 2017

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In 2007

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
9/22/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Yes, the state of New York can try to collect up to twenty years. Actually, if the statute of limitations is extended, the IRS can collect for more than 10 years.

What in particular do you want to know about the NY or IRS SOL periods?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney