Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I NEED TO GET MY TAX RETURNS FOR 2013 THROUGH 2016 I HAVE…

Customer Question
I NEED TO GET...

I NEED TO GET MY TAX RETURNS FOR 2013 THROUGH 2016 I HAVE MISPLACED THEM AND NEED TO GET THEM ARE YOU ABLE TO HELP ME

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I NEED TO GET TAX RETURNS FOR YEARS 2013 THROUGH 2016 SORRY I HAVE MISPLACED THEM

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

MY NAME IS DAVID ****** MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IS ********** MY ADDRESS IS ************************

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
9/22/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 9 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

David, let me first say that you should never post your social security in an open public forum such as this one. When I am done with my response, I will contact customer service and ask that they blot out your social security number.

Now to address your issue regarding the copies of the tax returns. If you had someone else prepare them, you should be able to get a copy from them. If you prepared them yourself, you should be able to retrieve a copy from the tax software that you use. If you are unable to get copies either of these ways, you can contact the IRS and request copies. You can either get copies of the return transcripts or the actual return. SEE BELOW:

If you need a copy of your filed and processed tax return, it will cost $50 for each taxyear. You should complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, to make therequest. Mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years.

Transcripts of the tax return is free. SEE BELOW:

------------------------------------

Here’s how to get your federal tax return information from the IRS:Transcripts are free. You can get them for the current year and the past three years. In most cases, a transcript includes the tax information you need. A tax return transcript is a summary of the tax return that you filed. It also includes items from any accompanying forms and schedules that you filed. It doesn’t reflect any changes you or the IRS made after you filed your original return. A tax account transcript includes your marital status, the type of return you filed, your adjusted gross income and taxable income. It also includes any changes that you or the IRS made to your tax return after you filed it. The quickest way to get a copy of your tax transcript is to use the Get Transcript application. Once you verify your identity, you will be able to view and print your transcript immediately online. This Fact Sheet provides details on how to complete this step. If you're unable or prefer not to use Get Transcript Online, you may order a tax return transcript and/or a tax account transcript using the online tool Get Transcript by Mailor by calling(###) ###-#### Transcripts arrive at the address we have on file for you in five to 10 calendar days from the time IRS receives your request. To order by phone, call(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go mobile phone app. Businesses that need a tax account transcript should use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.REFERENCE SOURCE:https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-to-request-a-transcript-or-copy-of-a-prior-years-tax-return---------------------------------If you want to request the transcript online, go to the following IRS link and follow the instructions.https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript Link to Form 4506:https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdfActual Return by mail---------------------------Link to Form 4506-T:https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdfReturn transcript by mail If I have provided you with the information that you are looking for, I ask that you be so kind as to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP DID YOU MEAN THAT I COULD GET THEM FROM WHERE I HAD MY TAXES PREPARED WILL IT BE OK IF I TELL THEM WHEN I FILE MY TAXES THE BEGINNING OF NEXT YEAR

Hello again.

Yes, the tax preparer or company that prepared the returns should have a copy of the returns. Yes, I would say that requesting them at the beginning of the year will be fine.

I let customer service know to remove your social security number from the thread as well.

A 5 star rating is most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FIFTY DOLLARS FOR HELP SORRY TO BOTHER YOU I WIL TALK TO THE PLACE WHERE I HAD MY TAXES PREPARED DO NOT TAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT PLEASE THANK YOU ONLY TAKE OUT THE FIVE DOLLARS I APPROVED

No worries. Have a good day.

DO YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE FROM ME PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT BUT THE FIVE DOLLARS YOU ASKED FOR

No more info is needed. We're done here.

THANKS ***** I WILL CONTACT THE PEOPLE WHO FILED MY TAXES

You are welcome.