Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I wnat to import truck from canada to california(usa) I want…

Customer Question
Hi i wnat to...

Hi i wnat to import truck from canada to california(usa)

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want to know duties and taxex

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/21/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 8 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Duties and Taxes to Import a Vehicle into the United States

Most vehicles made in Canada or the U.S. are not subject to duties. For foreign-made vehicles you will likely pay the following

• Autos – 2.5%
  • Trucks – 25%
  • Motorcycles – No Charge or 2.4%

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/import-a-vehicle/importing-vehicle-from-canada/

However, there will be the registration fees for California. SEE BELOW:

What Fees Are Due?

The amount of fees due depends on a variety of factors. For an estimate, use the fee calculator available at www.dmv.ca.gov. An exact amount can only be calculated when you submit your registration application to DMV. For more detailed information regarding CA, you can refer to the following link:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr9a

If I have clarified matters for you, I ask that you be so kind as to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant