Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am 84 years of age - hearing impaired and the sole owner,

Customer Question
I am 84 years...

I am 84 years of age - hearing impaired and the sole owner, director and president of an S Corporation, with mo employees. I would like to dissolve this corporation and transfer the assets to my Trust.

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Could you advise me accordingly - thank you very much Sigmund Lichter

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Not that I remember

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
Thank you.
9/21/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 8 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

I see several options.
First - you may dissolve the entity for which you elected S-corportaion tax treatment - in this case you will file a final tax return for S-corporation, final K1 fro shareholders and all remaining assets will be distributed to shareholders at their Fair marker values (FMV)

As you are the sole owner - all assets will be distributed to you personally - and then - you may transfer them to the trust.
Another option - not to dissolve the entity - whatever entity you have - an LLC or a corporation as registered on the state level - but change the tax treatment from S-corportaion to default - and transfer THAT entity to the trust.

For instance - if you have an LLC - the ownership will be transferred to the trust and the trust will own that LLC.

Please elaborate.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor