Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Taxes from 2007 to 2011 have been put into a non-collectable…

Customer Question
Taxes from 2007 to...

Taxes from 2007 to 2011 have been put into a non-collectable status. I need a copy of that information to give to a refinance company

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

This statement is necessary to be in my refinance file.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

Not certain. Seems this statement is all that is required at this time.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
9/21/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi - You can find this by getting your tax transcript.

...

• Currently not Collectable - Code 530
  • CSED Collections timed out (10-year statute) - Code 608 (For Your Iformation)

...

The underwriter should already know this, and should have asked for you to sign a 4506-T which allows this to be sent to the mortgage underwriter directly.

Finally, to go back this far you may need to hire an EA (Enrolled Agent) or CPA or tax attorney that has access to something called e-Services

...

e-Services is a suite of web-based products that allows tax professionals to conduct business with the IRS electronically 24 / 7 via the Internet. e-Services is NOT available to the general public.

...

Only approved IRS Business Partners are eligible to participate in e-Services. The taxpayer has access to same info as e-Services but limited to how far back info can be accessed.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986

P.S. - You may want to speak with your mortgage underwriter about e-Services. See this from IRS: (I'll underline the pertinent part)

...

"e-Services is a suite of web-based tools that allow tax professionals, reporting agents, mortgage industry and payers to complete transactions online with the IRS."