Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I was told that I am entitled to recover $2550.00 that I…

Customer Question
I was told that...

I was told that I am entitled to recover $2550.00 that I paid at closing when I I sold my residence in 2014. This was in the state of Michigan and a Michigan Supreme court ruling states that I am entitled to recover this amount

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

What documents need to be submitted for this refund?

Accountant's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

I dont see the link that you just mentioned.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/20/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 8 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you mean the Refund of Transfer Tax, you have to file form 2796. Here is a link to the form

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/2796f7_2601_7.pdf

The instructions on the form tell you what documents to send with the form to make your claim.

If you are not meaning the State Real Estate Transfer Tax (SRETT) let me know.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4