Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can I claim subsistence allowances for a taxi driver?He is…

Customer Question
Hi Can I claim...

Hi Can I claim subsistence allowances for a taxi driver?He is the director of the company as he he running through company>

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Can a minicab driver claim subsistence allowances

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

He is working through his limited company.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/20/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 8 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for using this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will try to assist you. First I need to know what country this question relates to?

UK
Pls refund my deposit. You are a time waster. I can check through on line.

I will send the request to customer service for you.

You are a scam. Earn money through a better means..Shame on you.
Tax Professional: taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 months ago
taxmanrog
taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi! Different expert here.

I saw your question, and the answer is no, you cannot claim subsistence allowances. HMRC defines subsistence allowances as "Subsistence includes meals and any other necessary costs of traveling, e.g. parking charges, tolls, congestion charges or business phone calls" while traveling or working away from home. Since your cab is your work location, you are not working away from your normal jobsite. Your cab IS your work location.

Therefore, you are not entitled to subsistence allowances, or "scale rate payments" as they are sometimes called.

taxmanrog
taxmanrog