Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to amend a 940 for 2016 - how do i do this, I need to…

Customer Question
I need to amend...

I need to amend a 940 for 2016 - how do i do this

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need to amend the figures on the 940 filed for 2016. Line 3,4 and 6 are incorrect and I am not certain where those figures came from. We were beginning to use a new program and they may simply have be inputted incorrectly. I have my 941s to back up my change - the year end tax amount stays the same but the figures are way off.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
9/20/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 11 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions.

I need to amend a 940 which was filed with incorrect information in box 3, box 4 and box 6. What to I do

Box 3 should match the amount of wages reported on the quarterly 941 forms. How many employees are there?

Did the company provide fringe benefits to their employees? (Group Life Insurance, Pension, Dependent Care Benefits).