Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

NC Tax Credits - Does NC have a tax credit for 2016 tax year

NC Tax Credits -Does NC...
NC Tax Credits -Does NC have a tax credit for 2016 tax year for installing solar panels?Thanks,
JW
9/20/2017
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Based on the following information, the answer is no. The tax credit expired in 2015. SEE BELOW:

Note: This credit expired at the end of 2015. Systems installed in 2016 or later years will not qualify for this credit. Senate Bill 372, signed in April 2015, provides a delayed sunset of the tax credit for projects that meet certain criteria and received pre-approval from the Department of Revenue. See below for more information.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://programs.dsireusa.org/system/program/detail/541

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter. If not, I ask that you be so kind as to scroll to the top of the page, or wherever the stars are on the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant