Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Have extension to file 2016 taxes. My computer crashed.

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, have...

Hi Pearl, have extension to file 2016 taxes. My computer crashed. Cannot access . Need new computer. Old.

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Donna Aragon(###) ###-####97

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I do not owe . Do not have 2016 with me. do not want my Mother to hear me. was going to call. May not have brought enough paperwork with me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
9/20/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 11 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Are you trying to obtain your wage and income information needed to compete your return?

cannot remember what portion was requested. Thought would be chatting directly with IRS. when i did have working computer, the info I inserted was rejected. It was amount from 2015 return.
if i remember correctly, it was from line 15. Total income.
Turbo Tax was filing method.
are we still connected/

Sorry I had to step away from the computer. This is a service that is outside of the IRS. You can request a copy of your tax transcript from the IRS. The tax transcript would contain the Adjusted Gross Income for 2015. Let me get the link for you.

it was the adjusted gross income I sent and was rejected.

Here is a link to request a tax transcript. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You would want to make sure the AGI on the transcript is the same as you have in your records.

It is.

The other option would be to file a paper return.

Mark, I have work today. errands first. Know you are multi-tasking. just the same...
am technology challenged. Will try to access on phone from work.
Thank you for your time. Donna

If the AGI is the same it should not be rejected. Unfortunately, sometimes it is necessary to prepare a paper return.