Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

A large sum of money Has been transferred to account that I…

Customer Question
Hi A large sum of...
Hi A large sum of money Has been transferred to account that I was requested to open, After the funds were transferred to this account I tried to transfer some of the money to another account in my name. when I pressed the sent button I was asked for a C.O.T number, I enquired about this and was told that I would have to send 3% of the amount I wanted to transfer a bank account under the name of Charlene M Colby. This sounds highly suspicious to me
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/20/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You are correct to be suspicious. Usually, any transactions involving a C.O.T. number are fraudulent/scams.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent