Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a notice regarding the tax refund which was sent…

Customer Question
I received a notice...

I received a notice regarding the tax refund which was sent to my old address. I wanted to change the address. How can I do that?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What information do you need? my last 4 digits of SSN

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

Tax year 2016, the amount of refund $40,659.83 and notice date was 9/4/17

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/19/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

If you move after filing your return, you should have the post office forward mail to your new address. Some post offices do not forward government checks, so you may also want to change your address with the IRS. You can use IRS Form 8822,Change of Address to notify them of an address change.

...

Here's the form: Form 8822

...

You may also write to inform IRS of your address change. If you write, they need your:

• full name
  • old and new addresses
  • social security number, individual taxpayer identification number, or employer identification number, and
  • signature

Joint Filers - If you filed a joint return, you should provide the information and signatures for both spouses. Send your written address change information to the campus addresses listed in the instructions to the tax forms you filed.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice 1986

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS