Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need a further extension of 2015 1040 return. Is it

I need a further extension...
I need a further extension of 2015 1040 return. Is it possible at this time???
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have not been about to get my books straight, but I may be able to generate an estimate. Is there something I can do???
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure
9/19/2017
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to professionals with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
Oftentimes, the Experts can help with a question like yours or I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Thank you,
Rachel
I don't understand. My 1040 also includes business because I am a sole proprietor. Do I need to ask someone else. Isn't here a form I can fill out for a further extension of the 2015 tax?
Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

You generally are able to request a 6 month extension.

The fastest and easiest way to get the extra time is through the Free File link on IRS.gov. In a matter of minutes, anyone, regardless of income, can use this free service to electronically request an automatic tax-filing extension on Form 4868. Filing this form gives taxpayers until Oct. 15 to file a return.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®