Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am receiving a 1099c form (cancellation of debt) and I…

I am receiving a 1099c...
I am receiving a 1099c form (cancellation of debt) and I wanted to know if social security counts that cancelled income towards wages earned? I am only aloud to make about $1000 roughly a month working if I go over the limit with my SSDI they could say I could perform substantial gainful activity and take my benefits away. I just want to know if the 1099c counts as wages earned I wouldn't think so but just asking thanks.
9/18/2017
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Cancellation of debt income would not be considered earned income.

Mark Taylor
Thanks Mark!

It was my pleasure. I was happy to help.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor