Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have recently been elected president of our local labor…

Customer Question
I have recently been...

I have recently been elected president of our local labor union and receive $9,500 per year. Do I need to report this as income when if file my yearly taxes?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The past union president has told me he never claimed his pay in the past.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
9/17/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You do need to report the $9500 you receive as income.

The past union president is incorrect by not claiming his pay as income.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent