Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Is thi a live chat? I am inquiring about a Florida LLC,

Customer Question
Hi is thi a...

Hi is thi a live chat?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am inquiring about a Florida LLC

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Articles of Organizaiton and Annual report

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have no operating agreement. And one of the 3 members wants to leave the LLC

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
9/16/2017
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 9 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

Do you have a price established for the buyout, or will it simply be forfeited?

You can execute the retirement or purchase outside of an operating agreement, but an agreement between the remaining owners is a good idea. A back dated agreement with all parties might not be bad either, to commemorate your understanding when the entity was formed.

Retirement, purchase by another member, or purchase by the LLC are all options.

PDtax