Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Should have filed form 7004 for C Corp yesterday (9/15) for…

Customer Question
Should have filed form...

Should have filed form 7004 for C Corp yesterday (9/15) for tax year ending 6/30/2017. Have $0 tax due. Should I mail 7004 anyway or is it a given the extension request will be denied if postmarked 9/16 rather than 9/15?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/16/2017
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Form 7004 must be filed on or before the due date of the applicable tax return. As you know, for C corporations with a fiscal tax year ending June 30 the due date is the 15th day of the 3rd month after the end of its tax year.

It's worth a try to mail Form 7004 today. Send it certified mail, return receipt requested.

Even if the IRS denies your request, if your tax returns have always been timely filed and taxes (if any) paid, you can always request a first time penalty waiver from the IRS if they assess a penalty.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent