Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Sure, I need the authority or citation that an S corporation…

Customer Question
I need the authority...

I need the authority or citation that an S corporation can own all or part of a partnership

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/16/2017
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

IRC section 7701 defined 'person' in this context, as only persons can be partners in a partnership. S and C corporations are specifically mentioned as qualifying 'persons'.

Glad to help with your partnership question. Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer

Oh, one more thing. It can own all of a partnership. A partnership requires two or more persons as owners.

PDtax
PDtax