Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm a caregiver for my daughter who lives in the same home…

Customer Question
I'm a caregiver for...

I'm a caregiver for my daughter who lives in the same home as me and I just filled out the live in self certification form for federal and state tax wage exclusion.....that is my only income and I had filed my taxes for this past year prior to filling out this form and I owe IRS $843 but in the previous yrs I received a refund so should I amend those years taxes as well as this past years?

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

If so will I end up having to owe the IRS for the refund I was issued or will they end up owing me ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Tax Professional: Chad Schoch,
 replied 8 months ago
Chad Schoch
Hello - let me start out by saying that not a lot of people are able to do what you do. It's takes a special person to be a caregiver. I look forward to helping you with this issue. Let me start out by asking what state you live in.
Chad Schoch
Chad Schoch
Chad Schoch