Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a letter indicating that the IRS had not received…

Customer Question
I received a letter...

I received a letter indicating that the IRS had not received my Quarterly 941 tax form for the quarter ending Sept 30, 2016. In checking my records I had sent the wrong form. So now I tried to print the correct form using my intuit program, but it said that it would say 2017 on it. How can I print it on with the 2016 form????

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
9/15/2017
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 9 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

QuickBooks is year specific, and often does not accommodate a special printing request. You have two options that work around the problem using your 2017 payroll reporting.

The first is downloading a 2016 941 pdf form from the IRS, and preparing the form in pencil, then making a copy and mailing it in. I prefer this because it is on the correct form, and you retain a paper copy, in the event you are asked any future questions.

The second is to use the 2016 form, and line out "2017" on the top and writing "2016" in block numbers next to it. This is not the best, ***** ***** codes the forms for years and may have processing issues.

Intuit payroll service, I believe, is year specific in their QuickBooks product. I don't know if you can prepare a prior year 941 through their payroll form printing, but I don't think you can. Hence my workaround solutions.

Try Option #1, even if you have to print out the numbers on a 2017 form and copy them over to the paper pdf form.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated after review. I'mCustomer