Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Because of Hurricane Irma I can not meet the Sept 15,2017…

Customer Question
Because of Hurricane Irma...

Because of Hurricane Irma I can not meet the Sept 15,2017 deadline what can I do

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Huricane Irma has caused multtilpe power and phone outages one of them has affected my Accountant's ability to finish my axes

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

Can I get another extension

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
9/14/2017
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 11 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Florida will be declared federal disaster area and as such your time to file your next year return will be extended. What happened to your accountant? Was his business destroyed? Were the your files destroyed?

You will not get another extension but if you file couple of weeks late you can request abatement of penalties for reasonable cause.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?