Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

For the related 2015 return do we create 1099's now or just…

Customer Question
For the related 2015 return...
For the related 2015 return do we create 1099's now or just list as an expense for the event costs and not include 1099's. Mark
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/14/2017
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 8 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello again,

Was any of the individuals who were supposed to receive a 1099 paid $600 or more? If not, a 1099-Misc did not have to be filed and you can go ahead and categorize the expense as outside services. On the other hand, if any of the individuals were paid more than $600, this opens a whole new can of worms, as there are penalties associated with the non-filing of the 1099 forms.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney