Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm very confused and scared about what I'm reading and need…

Customer Question
I'm very confused and...

I'm very confused and scared about what I'm reading and need help

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I opened an LLC a year ago and was not really given much Information on how to manage it

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

I was told since I was the only member is was just an extension of myself and I could use the funds how I pleased

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
9/14/2017
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 11 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

For federal tax paying purposes sole proprietorship LLC's that are not incorporated are considered disregarded entities.

I have included a link below along with an excerpt from the IRS web site in regards ***** ***** LLC

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/limited-liability-company-llc

"Depending on elections made by the LLC and the number of members, the IRS will treat an LLC as either a corporation, partnership, or as part of the LLC’s owner’s tax return (a “disregarded entity”). "

You will not receive any further information of how to manage a LLC unless you hire an accountant, lawyer, financial planner or tax advisor.

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.

At the conclusion of this question, I ask that you take the time and scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you!