Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Sold rental house. Held rental house for 9 years in an LLC.

Customer Question
What long term capital gains...
Sold rental house. Held rental house for 9 years in an LLC. What long term capital gains tax can I expect on the sale netting me over $3 hundred thousand. I took standard deduction last year. Am retired.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No? Sale complete. Money in LLC account. Just waiting to see what I should do next to minimize Capital gain tax liability.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I am expected to write checks to other partner and don't want to be liable for all taxes.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
9/14/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The gain will be taxes as long term capital gain.

Tax rates mainly will depends on your other income, filing status, deductions, etc.

Current tax rates fro long term capital gains are - zero (for income otherwise taxed at 15% or below) , 15% and 20% (how those in highest tax brackets).

Please provide additional estimated information about your other income - and I will estimate possible tax liability.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor