Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

How can I find if my husbands medi blue insurance payment is

Customer Question

how can I find if my husbands medi blue insurance payment is being taken out of his social security check
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: new york
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not to my knowledge, But I am not receiving a bill from medible for the monthly premium, I do receive a bill for my monthly premium. We just started with medi blue in Aug. 2017 and they said to get in touch with SS to see if it was coming out in his ss check, they don't have an amount due for him.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

The best & easiest way to obtain that information is to call the Social Security Administration (SSA) directly. Due to Privacy Laws, only you & the SSA have access to that information.

You can reach the SSA at(###) ###-#### Since calls to that number often involve extended "hold times" while waiting for assistance, I recommend that you contact your local SSA office which will have access to the same information.

Here's a link where, using your Zipcode, you can locate your local SSA office and a local phone number for them.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp#officeResults

Let me know if there's any other way I can assist you.

Please remember to rate my response.

Thanks very much,