Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Nys corp filed as ct-3 in error and should be filed as s…

Customer Question
Nys corp filed as...

Nys corp filed as ct-3 in error and should be filed as s corp how do you correct return

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Taxpayer did not inform me that entity is an s corp nys return was therefore filed a regular corporation how do i correct what was filed and file it as a nys s corp.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
9/13/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Complete your amended return as if you are filing the return for the first time.

Submit all the forms relevant to the information in your amended return (even if you already submitted these forms with your original return), such as:

• forms for any credits you are claiming or amending,
  • forms you submitted as attachments to your original return that are still applicable (for example, IT-201-ATT or IT-203-ATT), and
  • all your wage and tax statements

...

Include a cover letter explaining that the original return was prepared as a corporate (ct) return inadvertently, and that once you learned that this was an S-Corp, you are now submitting the S-Corp return (CT-3-S) as an amendment to the original filing.