How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12691
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in need of a copy of my 2016 tax form that was filed.

Customer Question

I am in need of a copy of my 2016 tax form that was filed. Is there a way I can request them from the IRS
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need these returns (2016) to submit for assistance with co-pay for a med that has prescribed for me as a maintenance drug for my cancer treatment. I need this asap...thanking you in advance
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Yes, you can get the transcript (which shows that they taxes were file AND has all of the same information) bu going here:


You can also get by using form 4506-T. Here's the form: