Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I looking at buying a house in the near future, My broker…

Customer Question
I looking at buying...

I looking at buying a house in the near future, My broker needs a copy of my last 3 years taxes, I have the 2016 but I do not have 2015 or 2014 they were save on a computer that has since died. Can you help me with this?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Tax
9/12/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

YOU can get this by going to the IRS online transcript site here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

...

You can also use the form that most mortgage underwriters will use to get a copy of the transcript as part of the underwriting process; IRS form 4506-T

...

If you'll note, on the 4506-T there's a place to sign the release to have the transcript sent directly to a 3rd party (your broker, your lender).

...

YOu can ALSO get a mirror image copy of the returns by using form 4506 but there's a $50 fee for this one.

...

I have NEVER seen an mortgage underwriter not accept the transcript. In fact their systems are set to accept them, so they prefer the transcript (same information)