Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I looking at buying a house in the near future, My broker…

Customer Question
I looking at buying...

I looking at buying a house in the near future, My broker needs a copy of my last 3 years taxes, I have the 2016 but I do not have 2015 or 2014 they were save on a computer that has since died. Can you help me with this?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/12/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

YOU can get this by going to the IRS online transcript site here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

...

You can also use the form that most mortgage underwriters will use to get a copy of the transcript as part of the underwriting process; IRS form 4506-T

...

If you'll note, on the 4506-T there's a place to sign the release to have the transcript sent directly to a 3rd party (your broker, your lender).

...

YOu can ALSO get a mirror image copy of the returns by using form 4506 but there's a $50 fee for this one.

...

I have NEVER seen an mortgage underwriter not accept the transcript. In fact their systems are set to accept them, so they prefer the transcript (same information)

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS