Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I sent my 2014 federal taxes in on August 20,2017. I have a

Customer Question

I sent my 2014 federal taxes in on August 20,2017. I have a home loan set to close sept 26, 2017 and they need to have proof that I have sent my tax forms in. Why wouldn't I, I have a refund coming?
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: The same is true with my 2015 taxes which were sent on July 15, 2017
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 month ago.

What you need to do - to order your tax return transcript - separately for 2014 and for 2015.

A tax return transcript shows most line items from the tax return that you filed. It also includes items from any accompanying forms and schedules that you filed. It doesn’t reflect any changes you or the IRS made after you filed your original return.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 month ago.

If you are applying for a mortgage, most mortgage companies only require a tax return transcript for income verification purposes. Most of these companies participate in our IVES (Income Verification Express Service) program and can request (with your consent) to have a transcript sent directly to the financial institution.

Here is how to request transcript

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Let me know if you need any help.