Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How to calculate required minimum withdrawal from IRA on…

Customer Question
How to calculate required...

How to calculate required minimum withdrawal from IRA on $1,300,000 at 70 1/2

Accountant's Assistant: The Expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The required minimum withdrawal on $1,300,000 from IRA at 70.5

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

For a female

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
9/12/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 8 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The required minimum distribution for any year is the account balance as of the end of the immediately preceding calendar year divided by a distribution period from the IRS’s “Uniform Lifetime Table.” A separate table is used if the sole beneficiary is the owner’s spouse who is ten or more years younger than the owner.

You may use the following worksheet to calculate the required amount if your spouse is LESS than 10 years younger or you you are single.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/uniform_rmd_wksht.pdf

Otherwise - I suggest to use online calculator - for instance

http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/investing/retirement_and_planning/understanding_iras/ira_calculators/rmd

Your Required Minimum Distribution is: $47,445.26

Questions?

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor