Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

The 7 year statute was imposed on my tax return for tax

Customer Question

The 7 year statute was imposed on my tax return for tax period 2013 a certified cpa prepared my return at the audit a made them aware of the income that the preparer only reported to the federal the black farmers settlement award and income from lawn service my return was not false or fraudulent my return was audited on April 19 2017 .the 7 year statute was imposed in August 2017 .I reside in the state of Alabama
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: The 7year statute was imposed when I disagreed to some of the audit changes and I sent them imformation to support the items that I disagreed with
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

In order to assist you, I need to know what is your question or concern? I know that you mentioned the 7-year statute, but what about it would you like to know. Please advise.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can the 7 year statute be imposed after and audit exam when income was reported and tax was assessed the audit was 04 19 17 the 7 year statute was imposed in August.there is no proof of omission with the intent to evade tax when I told them about it and the three year statute had expired on 04 15 17.with these facts can the 7 year statute be imposed

Hello again. The answer to your question is yes, based on the following information. SEE BELOW:

--------------------------

The statute of limitations requires that collection be made within 10 years after the final assessment of the tax, or prior to the expiration of an agreement made in writing.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://www.taxationlawfirms.com/resources/tax/tax-statute-limitations/tax-assessment-statutes.htm

--------------------------

You stated that the tax was assessed on 4/19/17 and the SOL period was imposed in August 2017.

Let me know if the information that I have provided clarifies matters for you. Though it may not be the answer that you were hoping for, if your question has been answered, I ask that you take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.