Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional
Experience:  Managing Director at Caros Group
98767339

I just got a messaged that said they were the IRS and had 4

Customer Question

I just got a messaged that said they were the IRS and had 4 serious allegations against me and that they would send the cops if I didn't respond. I can't imagine what that would be and didn't know if the call was legit.
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Chad CFP ® replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

I highly doubt that the call you received was the IRS.

When you receive a call that you suspect is not legitimate the IRS suggest you do the following

https://www.irs.gov/privacy-disclosure/report-phishing

IF you:

You receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS but you suspect they are not an IRS employee ...

Then

1. Record the employee's name, badge number, call back number and caller ID if available.
  2. Call 1-***-***-**** to determine if the caller is an IRS employee with a legitimate need to contact you.
    • If the person calling you is an IRS employee, call them back.
    • If not, report the incident to TIGTAand to us at *****@******.***(Subject: 'IRS Phone Scam')

If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.

At the conclusion of our correspondence please Accept the answer by rating the answer.

Thank you!

Do you have any further questions?

If you have NO further questions please take a moment to accept the answer so I am credited for my work

Thank you!

Hello.

Do you have any follow up questions or concerns?

If not, please accept the answer by clicking on the stars on your screen.

Thank you!

I have answered your question based on the information communicated to me. I ask that you take the time and scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you!