Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What is the ruling to use for a LLC not want to file a late…

what is the ruling to...
what is the ruling to use for a LLC not want to file a late S election for 2016. the LLC does not file an extension for the S corp.
9/10/2017
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I'm not sure I follow. Can you maybe re-state the question?

...

YOu said "NOT want to file a late S-Corp..." What exactly is the objective?

Typo. An llc have not file 2016 extension for s corp and also has not file s election for 2016. What revenue ruling procedure can we use .

...

In 2013, IRS consolidated the provisions of a number of previous revenue procedures for requesting relief for late S elections under Sec. 1362, late qualified subchapter S trust (QSST) elections, late electing small business trust (ESBT) elections, late qualified subchapter S subsidiary (QSub) elections, and late corporate classification elections (Rev. Proc. 2013-30).

...

In general, the revenue procedure expands the time for requesting relief for these late elections to 3 years and 75 days after the date the election was intended to be effective. However, for a simple late S election request, if certain requirements are met, there is no deadline for requesting relief.

...

Among the general requirements is that the requesting entity must include a reasonable cause/inadvertence statement , just under line 8, signed under penalties of perjury describing its reasonable cause for failing to timely file the S election on Form 2553, "Election by a Small Business Corporation."

...

You'll also want to detail there what you have done to be sure that you are compliant going forward.

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Thank you