Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I received a $127 return on my 2016 1040. I then found

Customer Question

I received a $127 return on my 2016 1040. I then found discovered (I thought) a way to increase that return by submitting a 1040x and claiming a standard deduction with the over 65 exemption. Now they've sent me a bill for $234. Can I just resubmit the original 1040 as a 1040x, or would I be opening a whole new can of worms?
JA: The Expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately you cannot resubmit your original 1040. It will not be accepted. If you want to change 1040X you filed you would have to file another 1040X, amending the first 1040X.

But unless you changed something else, your 1040x is most likely not a reason for the increase. Does the notice gives you any idea why your filing was changed? Can you upload the notice so I can review it?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?